On March 27, forty 7th grade students participated in the annual STEM Career Fair at St. Alphonsus Catholic School in Greendale. The STEM Career Fair featured over twenty engineering, healthcare, and sustainability professionals who volunteered their time to talk to the students about their education, careers, and experiences.
Part of St. Alphonsus’ GTT (Gateway to Technology) Program, the STEM Career Fair focused on technology, engineering, and math occupations. St. Alphonsus students spend grades 5-8 in GTT (a precursor to the Nationwide Project Lead the Way Curriculum) where they learn STEM concepts and actively participate in hands-on applications in physical science, engineering, and technology.
The students found the information valuable and enjoyed the interactions with adults in the community. Some students even had a small seed planted for a career they hope to pursue someday. The professionals enjoyed sharing their experiences with today’s youth and playing an active role in their community.
The STEM Career Fair was a success for students, STEM professionals, and the community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Sky Zone Hosts First Responder “Thank You” Night
- OAK CREEK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Shop Franklin Public Library’s Bonus Book Sale
- Franklin Public Library Author Event with Dr. Raymond Wu