On March 27, forty 7th grade students participated in the annual STEM Career Fair at St. Alphonsus Catholic School in Greendale. The STEM Career Fair featured over twenty engineering, healthcare, and sustainability professionals who volunteered their time to talk to the students about their education, careers, and experiences.
Part of St. Alphonsus’ GTT (Gateway to Technology) Program, the STEM Career Fair focused on technology, engineering, and math occupations. St. Alphonsus students spend grades 5-8 in GTT (a precursor to the Nationwide Project Lead the Way Curriculum) where they learn STEM concepts and actively participate in hands-on applications in physical science, engineering, and technology.
The students found the information valuable and enjoyed the interactions with adults in the community. Some students even had a small seed planted for a career they hope to pursue someday. The professionals enjoyed sharing their experiences with today’s youth and playing an active role in their community.
The STEM Career Fair was a success for students, STEM professionals, and the community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Greendale Choir Teacher featured in GCT’s production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial