MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Chant Claire Chamber Choir, a Milwaukee-area chamber choir dedicated to bringing high-quality, challenging choral repertoire to singers and audiences in Milwaukee county, announced the dates and locations of its Spring concerts.
The organization will have two different concerts; its main concert, at which it will perform its entire repertoire, will be on Sunday, May 18th at 2:00 PM in the Alverno College Chapel. The choir will have a preview concert featuring a condensed song selection at its rehearsal site, Greendale Community Church, on Sunday, April 27th at 2:00 PM. Both concerts are free of charge and feature first-come, first-serve general admission seating. There will be an opportunity to give cash or check donations at the door. All money raised helps to pay for rehearsal space, music and other choir costs.
"We are really excited to come together and perform once again this spring," said Ben Bedroske, Director of Chant Claire. "Our concert features some wonderful pieces that are certain to be enjoyable for all audiences."
The concerts will feature music by composers such as Eric Whitacre, Dan Forrest, John Tavener, C.H.H. Parry, Gustav Holst and more. The pieces on the concert all center on themes of departure and farewell, but the styles of the pieces are quite varied, with a healthy mix of rousing shape note pieces and reserved classical masterpieces.
These concerts will conclude the Spring season for Chant Claire, its second season since its formation in September 2013. The choir, which comprises singers from Milwaukee, Greenfield, Greendale, St. Francis, Wauwatosa, Oak Creek, Shorewood, Franklin and more, held its first concert in December 2013.
"We have been absolutely overwhelmed by the incredible amount of support we've received so far, especially at our first concert, which was extremely well-attended," said Bedroske. "We hope to see many familiar faces in May, along with some new ones, too!"
Greendale Community Church is located at 6015 Clover Lane in Greendale, WI, and the Alverno College Chapel is at 3400 S. 43rd Street in Milwaukee.
For more information about the choir, visit its website, http://www.chantclaire.org and connect with Chant Claire on Facebook at www.facebook.com/chantclaire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Greendale Education Association Comments on School Board Race
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Open House