MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Chant Claire Chamber Choir, a Milwaukee-area chamber choir dedicated to bringing high-quality, challenging choral repertoire to singers and audiences in Milwaukee county, announced the dates and locations of its Spring concerts.
The organization will have two different concerts; its main concert, at which it will perform its entire repertoire, will be on Sunday, May 18th at 2:00 PM in the Alverno College Chapel. The choir will have a preview concert featuring a condensed song selection at its rehearsal site, Greendale Community Church, on Sunday, April 27th at 2:00 PM. Both concerts are free of charge and feature first-come, first-serve general admission seating. There will be an opportunity to give cash or check donations at the door. All money raised helps to pay for rehearsal space, music and other choir costs.
"We are really excited to come together and perform once again this spring," said Ben Bedroske, Director of Chant Claire. "Our concert features some wonderful pieces that are certain to be enjoyable for all audiences."
The concerts will feature music by composers such as Eric Whitacre, Dan Forrest, John Tavener, C.H.H. Parry, Gustav Holst and more. The pieces on the concert all center on themes of departure and farewell, but the styles of the pieces are quite varied, with a healthy mix of rousing shape note pieces and reserved classical masterpieces.
These concerts will conclude the Spring season for Chant Claire, its second season since its formation in September 2013. The choir, which comprises singers from Milwaukee, Greenfield, Greendale, St. Francis, Wauwatosa, Oak Creek, Shorewood, Franklin and more, held its first concert in December 2013.
"We have been absolutely overwhelmed by the incredible amount of support we've received so far, especially at our first concert, which was extremely well-attended," said Bedroske. "We hope to see many familiar faces in May, along with some new ones, too!"
Greendale Community Church is located at 6015 Clover Lane in Greendale, WI, and the Alverno College Chapel is at 3400 S. 43rd Street in Milwaukee.
For more information about the choir, visit its website, http://www.chantclaire.org and connect with Chant Claire on Facebook at www.facebook.com/chantclaire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- Greendale Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America