Grow the Arts is the theme this year as the Education Foundation of Greendale hosts the 5th annual Night of the Arts fundraising event on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. at the Polish Center of Wisconsin, 6941 South 68th Street, Franklin, Wisconsin.
This celebration of the arts highlights the creative achievements of Greendale students and alumni and provides a special opportunity for community members, businesses, parents, faculty and students to join together in acknowledgement and appreciation of the arts in Greendale.
The gala will include hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar and will feature appearances by Greendale High School musicians and theatre students. Exhibitions of artwork by Greendale alumni will be on display and student artwork from each of the Greendale schools including decorative ceramic bowls and hand painted rain barrels will be showcased. In addition, a silent auction and raffle will be held.
As an annual community highlight, the Education Foundation of Greendale will present the “Inspiration Award” to two recipients during the Night of the Arts event. This year’s honored guests, The Shoppe Around the Corner and Broadway star Sarah Pfisterer, will be acknowledged for their commitment to the arts.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the following locations: Greendale High School, Greendale Park and Recreation Office, Reiman Publications Visitor Center and Layton State Bank on Broad Street in Greendale.
In 1998, friends and supporters of the Greendale School District established the Education Foundation of Greendale, Inc. For over a decade, the EFG remained true to its mission: to fund creative and innovative programs benefiting students and faculty in the Greendale School District. To date, more than $180,000 has been raised.
For more information, please visit the foundation’s website at www.efgreendale.org or contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or Judy at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- Greendale Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America
- Whitnall Graduate and Layton Terrace Employee Completes Eagle Scout Project
- Ride for Autism Speaks Milwaukee
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive