Historic Trimborn Farm Park, 8881 W. Grange Ave., offers guided tours of the grounds and buildings at 3 p.m. daily for individuals and small groups. Adults are $4 and children under age 6 are free. Guided tours for larger groups are also available on a pre-arranged basis. Guided tours are not available on holidays. Park admission is free. Site maps are available for self-guided tours and are found on the side porch mail box.
Trimborn Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a Wisconsin State Historic Site, and a Milwaukee County Landmark. This mid-19th century complex includes the Cream City brick farmhouse, one of the last stone barns in Wisconsin, a bunkhouse for the workers, root cellar, and a 75-foot kiln. Guided tours also include the adjacent historic Jeremiah Curtin House.
The Milwaukee County Historical Society manages historic Trimborn Farm. For more information about the Farm, please call 414-529-7744. Visit www.milwaukeehistory.net for other area historic sites.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Relay for Life Luminaria Walk, Sunday October 19th at 6:00pm
- HallwenancorSingls Over 40+ in West Allis
- Device Workshop in Greendale
- Halloween Spooktacular, The Paranormal
- Bargains Galore
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Share Advice on Responding After Disaster Strikes
- 2nd Annual Catholic Schools Walk- Approximately 9,000 Expected to “Step Out” for an Education You Can Have Faith In