Historic Trimborn Farm Park, 8881 W. Grange Ave., offers guided tours of the grounds and buildings at 3 p.m. daily for individuals and small groups. Adults are $4 and children under age 6 are free. Guided tours for larger groups are also available on a pre-arranged basis. Guided tours are not available on holidays. Park admission is free. Site maps are available for self-guided tours and are found on the side porch mail box.
Trimborn Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a Wisconsin State Historic Site, and a Milwaukee County Landmark. This mid-19th century complex includes the Cream City brick farmhouse, one of the last stone barns in Wisconsin, a bunkhouse for the workers, root cellar, and a 75-foot kiln. Guided tours also include the adjacent historic Jeremiah Curtin House.
The Milwaukee County Historical Society manages historic Trimborn Farm. For more information about the Farm, please call 414-529-7744. Visit www.milwaukeehistory.net for other area historic sites.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Greenhills Ohio Proclaims March 20th "Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day"
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Greendale Education Association Comments on School Board Race
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness