Historic Trimborn Farm Park, 8881 W. Grange Ave., offers guided tours of the grounds and buildings at 3 p.m. daily for individuals and small groups. Adults are $4 and children under age 6 are free. Guided tours for larger groups are also available on a pre-arranged basis. Guided tours are not available on holidays. Park admission is free. Site maps are available for self-guided tours and are found on the side porch mail box.
Trimborn Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a Wisconsin State Historic Site, and a Milwaukee County Landmark. This mid-19th century complex includes the Cream City brick farmhouse, one of the last stone barns in Wisconsin, a bunkhouse for the workers, root cellar, and a 75-foot kiln. Guided tours also include the adjacent historic Jeremiah Curtin House.
The Milwaukee County Historical Society manages historic Trimborn Farm. For more information about the Farm, please call 414-529-7744. Visit www.milwaukeehistory.net for other area historic sites.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- Greendale Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit