Historic Trimborn Farm Park, 8881 W. Grange Ave., offers guided tours of the grounds and buildings at 3 p.m. daily for individuals and small groups. Adults are $4 and children under age 6 are free. Guided tours for larger groups are also available on a pre-arranged basis. Guided tours are not available on holidays. Park admission is free. Site maps are available for self-guided tours and are found on the side porch mail box.
Trimborn Farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a Wisconsin State Historic Site, and a Milwaukee County Landmark. This mid-19th century complex includes the Cream City brick farmhouse, one of the last stone barns in Wisconsin, a bunkhouse for the workers, root cellar, and a 75-foot kiln. Guided tours also include the adjacent historic Jeremiah Curtin House.
The Milwaukee County Historical Society manages historic Trimborn Farm. For more information about the Farm, please call 414-529-7744. Visit www.milwaukeehistory.net for other area historic sites.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Ground Breaking Ceremony Held for Greendale Health Center
- Santa is Coming to Town in Greendale
- Local Residents Participate in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at Sunset Playhouse