A Rockin’ Homecoming!
Friday, August 7th will be a homecoming of sorts for 5 of the 6 members of RoShamBo, a local cover band. They will be performing at Greendale Village Days from 4-7p.m. to kick off the traditional weekend often surrounded by other Greendale re-unions.
The band originally started in 1991 as the Greendale members were finishing college. They played for many years as “The Potentials” until disbanding in 1996. After many re-union shows and a request to play a relative’s wedding (Kim Smith, current GHS teacher), the band was at a different stage in life, changed their name, added a few new members and was off and running again. Since then, the band has been featured at Summerfest and other local festivals, weddings and private parties. The band plays songs spanning the 60’s through today with a heavy emphasis on the 80’s of course!
The band consists of the following Greendalers: Steve Litzau- ’86 GHS grad. and current Greendale resident, Carver Smith –’87 GHS grad., Joy (Palisoc) Bach – ’88 GHS grad, Ethan Bach – ’89 grad. and Paul Mikna, ’85 grad. of Marquette High. Rounding out the band and having to tolerate old Greendale stories is Sean Berry, a current resident of Greenfield.
“It’s a great outlet and chance to do something that others would not guess I do on the side” stated Paul Mikna, small business owner by day and keyboardist by night. Steve Litzau, bass player added “What is really cool is having our kids see how much fun music can be and watching them develop an interest and (hopefully) practice and perform!”
In watching RoShamBo, there is no question, they are having fun performing again. In particular, they are really looking forward to their Greendale Homecoming!
For more information about the band visit www.myspace.com/roshambomusic6. For more details on Greendale Village Days visit www.greendale.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MADACC Adopt A Shelter Cat Promotions
- Salvatorians Unite for National Assembly in Hales Corners
- Greendale Students Get Ready for Summer Reading
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Greendale Community Theatre Announces 2013 Summer Show: Les Misérables
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- World War II Vet Shares His Experiences with 8th Graders
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY
- Muskego Impact Pound Butler Bombers
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health