Several 3rd grade cub scouts from Cub Scout Pack 505 spent the month of October learning about What Makes America Special. In their own words, boys shared their own ideas ranging from "Police Officers and Firemen which work to keep others safe" to "Freedom to do whatever we want." Scouts also cited "A Nation that believes in God" and "Our clean rivers, lakes and fresh air."
As a part of earning this achievement, boys also visited the Greendale American Legion Post 416. While there, several military veterans spoke to the boys about how to show respect toward the American Flag. Boys also learned about the 5 x branches of the US Military.
The Cub Scouts will continue their advancement later this month by participating in an Outdoor Flag Ceremony, and the sacred and solemn Flag Retirement Ceremony.
Photo: 7 scouts, 1 leader and 5 proud veterans of Legion Post 416.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"