The Greendale Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Village of Greendale, will conduct the Village’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on “Thanksgiving Friday”, November 27, 2009 in front of Village Hall (6500 Northway).
The Tree Lighting Ceremony will include the Greendale High School Choir leading the crowd in a community sing-along of carols starting at 6:30 p.m. Village President, John R. Hermes, will then lead the crowd in counting down to the lighting of the holiday lights throughout the Village Center at 6:50 p.m. Shortly thereafter, Santa Claus will arrive to provide treats to all the “good little boys and girls.”
The Tree Lighting Ceremony will welcome the United States Marine Corps Reserve and the Toys for Tots program. During the holiday season, and year-round, attendees of the Tree Lighting are asked to remember the less fortunate children of the area and make voluntary monetary donations to support this worthy program.
Due to space limitations, donors are asked to make monetary donations to support the Toys for Tots program instead of bringing toys. Marines will honor the event with their attendance and thank donors for their generosity.
Greendale residents and visitors are welcome to the Tree Lighting Ceremony to kickoff the holiday season. Residents and visitors are also reminded to Shop Greendale 1st and support local Chamber of Commerce and Greendale Village Business Association (GVBA) businesses. Many Village Center businesses will remain open until 8:00 p.m. for the special event.
For further information, please contact Mr. Todd Michaels, Village Manager, at (414) 423-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Greendale Education Association Comments on School Board Race
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Open House
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Layton Avenue Church to hold the experiential A Walk to the Cross event