The Greendale Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Village of Greendale, will conduct the Village’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on “Thanksgiving Friday”, November 27, 2009 in front of Village Hall (6500 Northway).
The Tree Lighting Ceremony will include the Greendale High School Choir leading the crowd in a community sing-along of carols starting at 6:30 p.m. Village President, John R. Hermes, will then lead the crowd in counting down to the lighting of the holiday lights throughout the Village Center at 6:50 p.m. Shortly thereafter, Santa Claus will arrive to provide treats to all the “good little boys and girls.”
The Tree Lighting Ceremony will welcome the United States Marine Corps Reserve and the Toys for Tots program. During the holiday season, and year-round, attendees of the Tree Lighting are asked to remember the less fortunate children of the area and make voluntary monetary donations to support this worthy program.
Due to space limitations, donors are asked to make monetary donations to support the Toys for Tots program instead of bringing toys. Marines will honor the event with their attendance and thank donors for their generosity.
Greendale residents and visitors are welcome to the Tree Lighting Ceremony to kickoff the holiday season. Residents and visitors are also reminded to Shop Greendale 1st and support local Chamber of Commerce and Greendale Village Business Association (GVBA) businesses. Many Village Center businesses will remain open until 8:00 p.m. for the special event.
For further information, please contact Mr. Todd Michaels, Village Manager, at (414) 423-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryouts
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz
- Back to School Special
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Reserve Your Booth at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Packer Party at P&A Nails!
- Oktoberfest Festival at St. Martin of Tours