Soulstice Theatre celebrates the holiday season with London's longest-running comedy “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)” by Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield. Performance dates are Fridays/Saturdays, December 4-19, 2009 in the 4th Floor Theatre of the Marian Center for Non-Profits at 3211 S. Lake Drive in St. Francis.
Soulstice veteran actors (in photo from upper left) Jillian Smith, Michael Endter, Al Oldham, Josh Perkins, Kurtis Witzlsteiner and Kelly Simon take theater-goers on an irreverent, 90-minute fast-paced romp through the Bard's 37 plays. This hilarious, high-speed escapade broke all records and played for ten years running at the Criterion Theatre in London. Productions in the U.S. earned reviews of “Pithier than Python. Irresistible” by the New York Times and “Wildly funny. Masterful” by the Los Angeles Times.
Part of Soulstice’s mission is to give back to the community by donating a percentage of its box office to a charity chosen by the cast and production team during the rehearsal process. For this production Soulstice has chosen Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (formerly Second Harvest of Wisconsin).
The production’s run begins with a pay-what-you-can performance on Thursday, December 3rd, followed by Friday/Saturday performances on December 4/5, 11/12, 18/19. All shows begin at 7:30 p.m. and the cost is $15/$12 seniors and $1.00 off the cost of admission with a can of food to be donated to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.
Reservations can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Soulstice Theatre at 414-431-3187 and are strongly encouraged. Credit card processing fees apply.
Warning!: This show is a high-speed roller-coaster type condensation of all of Shakespeare's plays, and is not recommended for people with heart ailments, bladder problems, inner-ear disorders and/or people inclined to motion sickness. Soulstice cannot be held responsible!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Relay for Life Luminaria Walk, Sunday October 19th at 6:00pm
- HallwenancorSingls Over 40+ in West Allis