USPS ANNOUNCES SUPPORT OF U.S. EXPORT INITIATIVE
The Postal Service is expanding its partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce to support the government’s newly established National Export Initiative (NEI).
Through its Global Business team, USPS will build on its alliance with the Commerce Department’s International Trade Administration to encourage and support small- and medium-sized businesses interested in establishing or expanding exports of their products to markets worldwide.
“Our global shipping services open the gateway to the globe for American exports,” said PMG Jack Potter. “We’re pleased to participate in the NEI to support economic growth here at home.”
On Feb. 4, Commerce Secretary Gary Locke announced a series of new proposals for the NEI and noted there was considerable room for growth.
“Today, fewer than 1 percent of America’s 30 million companies export — a percentage that is also significantly lower than all other developed countries,” said Locke. “And of all U.S. companies that do export, 58 percent export to only one country.”
The Postal Service is a leading provider of international delivery services, offering business mailers the ability to expand their markets to 191 countries.
If your business needs help with any shipping needs just visit us at USPS.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- LUNCHEON/PRESENTATION IN FERCH'S NEWLY EXPANDED SPACE
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- THE STARR GROUP HIRES TAYLOR NYARANGI AS GROUP BENEFITS CONSULTANT
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Dulcie Schupe, Watercolor Artist at Tudor Oaks
- Have fun while helping others!
- St. Alphonsus Students Participate in STEM Career Fair