St. Martin of Tours Parish School is pleased to announce that 7th grade student Katie Anne Furmack was among the top scorers in Wisconsin in the 2009-10 Midwest Academic Talent Search, an out-of-level testing program for gifted students in grades 3-9. Students were nominated for participation through one or more criteria indicating potential for high academic achievement. The Talent Search is a multi-state program administered by the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. Approximately 6000 Wisconsin students participate each year, and Katie Anne scored among the top 5% in the state!
The Wisconsin Center for Academically Talented Youth, part of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will be hosting an awards ceremony to honor these students. St. Martin of Tours congratulates Katie Anne on her fine accomplishments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Missing Cat
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief