St. Martin of Tours Parish School is pleased to announce that 7th grade student Katie Anne Furmack was among the top scorers in Wisconsin in the 2009-10 Midwest Academic Talent Search, an out-of-level testing program for gifted students in grades 3-9. Students were nominated for participation through one or more criteria indicating potential for high academic achievement. The Talent Search is a multi-state program administered by the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. Approximately 6000 Wisconsin students participate each year, and Katie Anne scored among the top 5% in the state!
The Wisconsin Center for Academically Talented Youth, part of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will be hosting an awards ceremony to honor these students. St. Martin of Tours congratulates Katie Anne on her fine accomplishments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Special on 1 Hour Foot Massage
- Greenfield Concert Band is Recruiting New Members!
- Wisconsin Wolfpack U15/U16 Baseball team holds Tryouts
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Adam Busch named to Lawrence University dean's list
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream at Greendale Gift of Wings!
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- 5th Annual Classic Car Show
- Red Carpet Celebration