After an absence of 43 years, members of the Greendale Fire Department placed fire hoses in the Historic Hose Tower on June 25. The Hose Tower was originally designed to dry hoses after use. The tower had been used to dry hoses from 1939 to 1967 when the Greendale Fire Department moved to its current location. The Historic Hose Tower is being preserved by the Greendale Historical Society for use a community gathering space.
For more information visit: thegreendalehistoricalsociety.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- Greendale Students Meet Senator Lazich
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library