After an absence of 43 years, members of the Greendale Fire Department placed fire hoses in the Historic Hose Tower on June 25. The Hose Tower was originally designed to dry hoses after use. The tower had been used to dry hoses from 1939 to 1967 when the Greendale Fire Department moved to its current location. The Historic Hose Tower is being preserved by the Greendale Historical Society for use a community gathering space.
For more information visit: thegreendalehistoricalsociety.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Reserve Your Booth at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Packer Party at P&A Nails!
- Oktoberfest Festival at St. Martin of Tours
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Promotes Sajdak and Names Kim Marketing Coordinator
- Tudor Oaks is hosting a Job Fair
- Educational Foundation Kid's Clothes Resale
- Two New Employees Join R.A. Smith National’s Rotational Training Program
- Special Used Children’s Book Sale in the Book Nook
- Root River Theatre Company Needs You