After an absence of 43 years, members of the Greendale Fire Department placed fire hoses in the Historic Hose Tower on June 25. The Hose Tower was originally designed to dry hoses after use. The tower had been used to dry hoses from 1939 to 1967 when the Greendale Fire Department moved to its current location. The Historic Hose Tower is being preserved by the Greendale Historical Society for use a community gathering space.
For more information visit: thegreendalehistoricalsociety.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Marvelous Monarch Butterflies
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal
- Third-annual On Deck event set for April 25
- Zone Baseball Kicks Off Its Inaugural Season