After an absence of 43 years, members of the Greendale Fire Department placed fire hoses in the Historic Hose Tower on June 25. The Hose Tower was originally designed to dry hoses after use. The tower had been used to dry hoses from 1939 to 1967 when the Greendale Fire Department moved to its current location. The Historic Hose Tower is being preserved by the Greendale Historical Society for use a community gathering space.
For more information visit: thegreendalehistoricalsociety.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Device Workshop
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Fox River Invitational
- Wounded Warriors Play in Waukesha
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- South Milwaukee Music at the Market Series Starts Sept 11th