After an absence of 43 years, members of the Greendale Fire Department placed fire hoses in the Historic Hose Tower on June 25. The Hose Tower was originally designed to dry hoses after use. The tower had been used to dry hoses from 1939 to 1967 when the Greendale Fire Department moved to its current location. The Historic Hose Tower is being preserved by the Greendale Historical Society for use a community gathering space.
For more information visit: thegreendalehistoricalsociety.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Scholarships Awarded by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- St. Gregory the Great Hosts Student Art Fair
- 12U Zone Takes Second in Waukegan Tournament
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- L’Oréal Paris Providing Complimentary Blowouts at THE SALON at ULTA Beauty - April 25th
- K3, K4 and K5 Open House
- St Clare Street Fair