The Greendale High School Music and Drama Departments in partnership with Young Dance Academy in Oak Creek will host THE YOUNG AMERICANS for a 3-day workshop September 12-14, 2010!
Budget cuts have caused the removal of music programs in our nation’s schools, and with them, a chance for millions of talented students to discover ways to express themselves creatively. The International Music Outreach Tours were created by The Young Americans in 1992 to bring music back into schools, opening doors of discovery for the musical talents of young people.
The International Outreach Tours have touched lives in nearly all 50 states and beyond including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Ukraine, Gibraltar, Spain, Poland, Sweden and Japan. More than 150,000 students have participated in these exciting workshops and many more are waiting for The Young Americans to visit their cities and schools.
Research Shows music programs:
* Enhance a young person’s self-esteem
* Help develop critical thinking and self-discipline skills
* Improve students’ cognitive development
* Enhance basic math and reading abilities
* Increase school attendance
The comprehensive 3-day performance workshop will cover everything from vocal techniques, dance, and comedy improvisation, to stage movement, sound, lighting, and more. Hundreds of students from 2nd through 12th grade learning to work together, to respect each other’s strengths, and to discover their own potential - all through the universal language of music and dance.
After three days of intensive performance instruction it’s show time! The Young Americans perform the first act, then to the astonishment of parents, friends, teachers and administrators the participating students perform the second act with The Young Americans. Approximately 1000 people from the community come out to see this amazing show!
Music brings people together for many purposes: teamwork, respect, accomplishment, caring & self-discipline, a sense of living in understanding in self-worth and MUCH more.
The Music Outreach Program aims to:
- Encourage music in the schools of our nation and the world.
- Train young people in performance.
- Share insight and understanding of different cultures.
- Strengthen character and develop self-esteem, self-worth and self-discipline.
- Students involved in Music Programs...
*Achieve higher SAT scores
*Are more likely to graduate from high school and attend college
*Are less likely to be involved with gangs and substance abuse
THREE-DAY WORKSHOPS INCLUDE:
- The Young Americans demonstration performances.
- Educational classes & workshops.
- Comprehensive evaluation: a time for each school to perform for our staff and - receive hands-on instruction and suggestions (not mandatory).
- Honoring participating teachers: each teacher needs stature in the eyes of their students in order to build a stronger program.
- A commemorative T-shirt
- Facility rental fee / janitorial services
The workshop is open to: 3rd - 12th grade students
COST - Only $75 per student for the entire 3 days!!!
- Designed for those with lots of talent and training AND for those who just love to sing!
- TV,Theater, The Stage: As applied to self-expression
- Vocal Techniques: Techniques for the individual student. Breathing, and the care and feeding of the voice.
- Dance: Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap
- Musical Theater: An overall look at the Broadway Theater, including "theater games".
- Vocal Ensemble: Four separate rehearsals to bring together all participants into a performing ensemble, reading new music, learning interpretation and working together.
- Performance Workshop: Choreography, staging, performance. Includes attitudes, learning the why’s and how’s of assembling a show.
- Stage Movement: Singing and group dance.
- Sound Techniques: Microphone use for the solo voice and other aspects of sound reproduction.
For more information and to register for the Young Americans 3-day workshop, please call Young Dance Academy in Oak Creek at 414-768-9876.
Do not let this opportunity pass you by... The Young Americans are simply amazing and WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!!! Register today!
Young Dance Academy
181 W. Marquette Ave.
Oak Creek, WI 54154
The Young Americans
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tour of Original Homes this Saturday
- Open House at the Hose Tower on August 11
- Tickets on Sale Now for Greendale’s 75th Anniversary Event - Brewers Baseball Game/Tailgate Party on May 5
- Tickets on Sale Now for GCT's Production of Next To Normal
- Greendale Artists in Firefly Art Fair
- Greendale Resident Earns Girl Scout Gold Award
- GFWC-Root River Junior Woman’s Club meeting slated for September 20
- Greendale Fire Fighters Go Bootless for MDA
- Big Jungle Adventure
- 75th Anniversary Count Down Calendars coming soon