The 9th annual GHS Empty Bowls fundraiser will be held on Saturday, March 20 in the Greendale High School Cafeteria from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
For a donation of $10, guests receive a meal of homemade soup and fresh bread served in a handmade ceramic bowl to be taken home as a reminder of hunger in the community.
Students in Art, Business, Family and Consumer Education, Orchestra, and Social Studies throughout the Greendale School District are involved in this service-learning project. For more information, volunteer opportunities, and to see students in action, please follow this link: http://wiki.greendale.k12.wi.us/groups/emptybowls2010/
All proceeds benefit the Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee.
Tickets are going fast! To ensure that you receive a handmade bowl and that we have enough soup to go around, we encourage you to buy your tickets by Friday, March 12.
For an Empty Bowls ticket order form, please follow this link: http://www.greendale.k12.wi.us/EB_Tickets_10.pdf
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenhills Ohio Proclaims March 20th "Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day"
- St. Alphonsus Students Participate in STEM Career Fair
- Greendale Special Olympics Raising Funds Through Polar Plunge
- Greendale School Board Academy Date Set
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Greendale graduates
- Greendale's Canterbury School Supports Kids With Cancer
- Greendale Students Get Ready for Summer Reading
- Explore Arts, Culture, and Diversity at TADA Festival
- High School Group Helps Middle Schoolers Break Out of Their Shells
- Greendale Students Compete, Win At Regional History Day Event