Alverno student Erica Garver helps lead Alverno’s business team to regional championship win
The Alverno College Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) team was named a Regional Champion at the Chicago Midwest Regional SIFE Competition in Chicago on April 8. One of the four Alverno team presenters was Alverno business major Erica Garver who lives in Greendale. The team won a first place award in their competition league for the exceptional quality of their 15 community service projects focused on teaching business and economics. Projects included teaching computer skills, preparing for job searches and interviews, ethics in business, and global trade.
The Alverno SIFE team will now advance and compete in the USA National Championship Competition in Minneapolis, May 11-13. They will make a presentation and submit an annual report to business leaders from throughout the United States who serve as judges.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- No pressure for GHS marching band
- Greenhills Ohio Proclaims March 20th "Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day"
- St. Alphonsus Students Participate in STEM Career Fair
- Greendale Special Olympics Raising Funds Through Polar Plunge
- Greendale School Board Academy Date Set
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Greendale graduates
- Greendale's Canterbury School Supports Kids With Cancer
- Greendale Students Get Ready for Summer Reading
- Explore Arts, Culture, and Diversity at TADA Festival
- High School Group Helps Middle Schoolers Break Out of Their Shells