The MacDowell Club of Milwaukee presented its annual organ concert to a full house Sunday afternoon, February 21st, in the exquisite St. Joseph Center Chapel on South 27th Street. Several of the MacDowell Club's organists performed a broad spectrum of works for pipe organ. They were Dr. Wallace McClain Cheatham of Milwaukee, Sheri Masiakowski of Greendale, Mariann Landa and Suzanne Pajunen, both of Wauwatosa. Assisting artists were members Ana de la Cuesta Gerlach, flutist, of Bay View; Gail Hodkiewicz, clarinet, of Hales Corners; and guest trumpeter, Kevin Erickson, Director of Bands at Kettle Morraine High School in Wales.
Opening the program was Memphis TN organist / composer (and former MacDowell Club member) Dr. Dennis Janzer, who returned to Milwaukee expressly to appear on this concert. On two of his compositions, he was joined by the (pictured) MILWAUKEE JEWISH COMMUNITY CHORALE conducted by the MacDowell Club's President-Elect,
Enid Bootzin Berkovits of Mequon.
The MacDowell Club, currently observing its 100th season, has two more concerts
scheduled this spring: "Bit of Blarney" at 3 o'clock Sunday, March 14th, at the new Greenfield Public Library and 7:30 Sunday evening, May 23rd, at Cardinal Stritch University's Nancy Kendall Theater. Both are open and free to the public although
donations are always welcome!
For information about the Club, Performing Membership, or upcoming concerts, visit the website: macdowellclubmilwaukee. org.
- Young Greendale Resident Appears in First Stage's Sherlock Holmes: The Baker Street Irregulars
- Shear Madness
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- Greendale Actress in Acacia Theatre’s Musical “Anne of Green Gables”
- Greendale Community Theatre's Spring Event at Muskego Lakes Country Club
- Greendale HS to host Summer Festival of Bands
- Greendale Resident Performs In First Stage's "The Hundred Dresses"
- Young Greendale Resident Appears In First Stage Musical
- Greendale HS Hosts Colorguard/Percussion Competition
- Bat Boy Spotted In Greendale